Tuesday 20 November 2012

Last but not lonely!

Hello Bloggies!
It's been a long time since I posted something new.
My English teacher in my college had asked us to pen a story or a poem on the topic 'I am the last person on this earth'.
Initially I thought how jobless English teachers were to come up with such ideas. I made it a point to sit quietly and look at my fellow classmates work on it and present it before the class.
I then realised what kind of a loser I am because every person in every corner of the class seemed to be seriously writing. A couple of them had also finished writing and were already presenting it to the class. I immediately took out my pen and started drafting few of my wildest thoughts on survival on this earth as the last person.I thought technically, scientifically and all the '-callys' one could come up with. I then got this awesome rhyme scheme on my head and started noting it down before I could forget it. And you won't believe it- I actually came out with this:

LAST BUT NOT LONELY!

Dark and deep, awaken from sleep
Hearing a sound like a weep
Got up and realized the world was gone
And I was the only one left alone
Then who was the one who knocked?
Because the things out there never walked
I trembled with fright, with no-one near
Too scared to even drop a tear
The knock and the weep continued harder
And I couldn’t take it any longer
I opened the door, filled with fear
And lo! It was my brother, Oh my dear!

I suddenly felt proud of myself and was thinking of how my teacher would react to it. By that time almost 30 students had presented their stories to ma'am. I rose and rushed towards her to show my demiurgic piece. The moment I reached ma'am's table, 'Trrrrrrrrriingggggggggggg'. What else? The bell rang. I still didn't lose hope and handed my book to her. She glanced at me and told "Later, please!". I swore at myself. What a waste of my creativity! I found myself in dismay for the next few minutes and then wondered "For what reason do I have a blog?". Now you know why I've posted this here.

4 comments:

  1. i told you la??? i already saw it in your notebook!!! but somehow it sounds cooler in your blog!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looll yeah! 'Blog' makes it sound cooler I guess! xD

      Delete